Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During your first visit, you can expect:
- A thorough examination by Dr. Kim to determine:
- Is orthodontic treatment indicated
- When is the correct time to begin treatment
- What treatment options are available
- How long treatment will be
- How much treatment will cost
- To be presented with a detailed explanation of Dr. Kim’s recommendations.
- Our treatment coordinators will discuss your insurance benefits as well as establish an individualized payment plan.
- If time permits, digital photographs and orthodontic records in preparation for treatment.
- Scheduling of your next appointment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic or dental X-rays taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- You can download the Patient Forms ahead of time, fill them out and bring them with you to your appointment. Click here to go to the Patient Forms page.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes 1 to 2 hours. You’ll then see us at regular intervals 6 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which usually takes 30 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately.
Convenient Online Services
We know how busy you are. That’s why we’re committed to providing you superior, leading-edge service. With our secure online service you will be able to:
- View your appointment and account information any time;
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders;
- Check your payment history and see current charges;
- Print out flex spending reimbursement and tax receipts.